Equinox Management & Construction is a leading Philadelphia-based sustainable real estate developer and construction manager. We are steadily growing and are leading approx. $150MM of total constructed value of projects in Philadelphia. We offer a wide range of services to meet our client’s needs, and we view every construction project through the lens of a developer. This gives us a unique perspective not often found with other construction firms. Our approach is to begin work with our clients as early as possible to help optimize the project scope and cost. Working as a team with the owner and the design professionals, we drive towards building the best building possible that also works within our clients pro forma. Our systems and guidelines are designed to ensure that we meet or exceed quality, cost, schedule, and safety objectives.
We are looking for a career-oriented Construction Site Superintendent who has large scale multi-family residential, commercial, and/or mixed-use project experience. It is critical that the candidate is experienced in working with subcontractors and is looking to rapidly learn and grow their project field supervision capabilities. Reporting to our Sr. VP of Development & Construction, you will learn our “DRIVE” process, while helping manage one of our active construction projects under the direction of one of our Project Managers.
At Equinox, we have created an entrepreneurial environment in which everyone is able to make a significant contribution while receiving the coaching and mentorship they need to be successful. The right candidate will be motivated to further Equinox’s mission of bringing design-savvy, impactful and sustainable projects to the Philadelphia-area.
- You have a proven ability to learn on the job, and are hungry to continuously grow and develop your talent stack in the construction industry
- You want to take control of your career and make a significant contribution to the future of a growing entrepreneurial company
- You take complete ownership of your projects, and naturally think on your feet and proactively solve problems
- You are a positive upbeat person who knows how to build trust and confidence, influence a variety of people, manage expectations, and diffuse tense situations when necessary
- Quality assurance: develop intimate knowledge of project drawings and specs, ensure work in place and construction materials match the project specifications
- Site management: take ownership of site logistics, cleanliness, safety, security, and prepare daily logs
- Project controls: manage scheduling and assist with invoice approvals, cost controls, change orders and documentation
- Subcontractor management: manage their daily coordination, weekly meetings, safety and toolbox talks, relationship building and associated communication
- Customer satisfaction management, as well as managing the relationships with other stakeholders, such as utilities companies, L&I and 3rd party inspectors, and neighbors
- 4+ years of progressive construction management experience on large scale multi-family residential, commercial, and/or mixed-use projects
- Able to efficiently read, analyze and interpret construction industry and government technical documents, procedures, and regulations
- Field-tested mathematical and reasoning abilities
- Tech savvy: able to effectively utilize Microsoft Project, Excel, and the rest of the Office Suite, as well as other systems that we are implementing or may adopt in the future
- OSHA 30
- Good communication skills
- Construction experience in Philadelphia is a plus
- Driver’s License required
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, health insurance, PTO and holidays